Quote of the Week: Words From the (Un)Common Man

Most of the time the Quote of the Week is taking from the mouths of professional athletes, so I thought I'd change it up today. This quote comes from the book "Becoming an Ironman: First Encounters With the Ultimate Endurance Event." The book's author, Kara Douglass Thom, shares the stories of 37 athletes' first ironman distance race. The stories are highly moving. Here's one of my favorite quotes. While it's about the feeling one gets when he or she finishes a triathlon, it applies equally to achieving any great challenge.

Just to be able to take on this challenge I thought was impossible and then to be able to do it makes me see myself in a way I've never seen myself before. But it's hard to explain. I have searched for a way to describe the indescribable. I feel as though I climbed this huge mountain, saw an incredible vista, and now I am back on the ground, trying to relate what it looked like.
--Terry Jordan


I hope that inspires you to get on with your training this week. Make it a good one!

0 comments: